IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Off-Topic ebay question
From: DAVID LEEDY <djleedy at sbcglobal.net> on 2012.02.23 at 09:49:04(22595)
Jason,

I am not sure what you mean by a "bot."

As a buyer, I think the only way is to bid the highest price you would be willing to pay within the last 10 seconds of the auction on ebay. If you don't want to watch the clock tick away, you can engage "Snipe," which will automatically place the bid for you. By bidding before that, you encourage higher prices and, sometimes, get into a bidding war which becomes a macho thing (as a seller, I love when this happens).

As a seller, when the auction for my item is over, I have an opportunity to offer a second (same) item to the second highest bidder. I purchased fifty commerative medals at an estate sale and have been selling them on ebay for a minimum bid of $5. When the bidding gets over $15 (and it has gotten as high as $30), I usually offer the losing bidder a second chance to buy the same coin at his last bid.

David Leedy

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.