IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Off the wall question from a newbie. preserving the
From: chris palmer <palmerchrispuppy at yahoo.com> on 2009.01.15 at 13:04:07(18914)
Aloha to you too.

The epoxy is basically a casting resin.

I have a couple of days before I will run the trial.

I was hoping to have a specimen fully coated with the resin so it would stand alone, like a silk flower.

I am just unsure how to get the resin to cure fast enough and get it to adhere to the moist surfaces.

I will probably dilute the resin down enough so I can use a spray gun the coat the bloom.

I thought about the fumed silica technique but thought it would not work on the stalk and would require a lot of material. It still might be worth a try sometime, maybe on one of the summer blooming arums.

If my Titan's ever bloom, first job will be to get viable seeds, then work on preserving the bloom.

Heck 6-8 years for them to bloom, by then maybe I'll have a viable preservation process ;-))))

Thanks to everyone for the responses. I'll post a note on how the trials went.

Best Regards,

Chris

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.