IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Steve's pages ARE science
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.04.22 at 16:19:31(17439)
Thanks so much Ted. You are one of the people who helped me get "my ducks in a row". But I always urge anyone on this forum to point out anything that may be questionable on the site.

I received a great call yesterday from Neil Carroll regarding one of my pages and Neil helped me get some of the information corrected, or on the way to being corrected. I am not scientifically trained but I have a deep desire to understand my plants. Neil, thank you so much for your help! I consider the ExoticRainforest a project of the members of the IAS since so many of our members help me to write and edit the pages. My sincere thanks to you Ted for your note, but also for your help.

One other request if I may. I am seriously trying to find verified specimens of Anthurium hookeri, Anthurium jenmanii and Anthurium cubense. If any of you have specimens you will sell that match the scientific descriptions, please let me know. If you haven't read my pages on these three specimens, you might learn, as I did, none of the plants I had tagged with those names turned out to be those species. Dr. Croat has been of invaluable assistance in getting the information right on the pages (or at least I hope I have it right) but I still don't have actual specimens on any of these three. If you have extras, and they match the scientific material, please let me know!

Steve Lucas

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.