IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Mystery Plant
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.04.02 at 03:29:44(17289)
Leland, your observations are always so insightful and accurate! I too had noticed the punctates this morning when examine the plant with a magnifying glass. Since I didn't have any idea what species to be checking against that was only additional information at the time. But this afternoon I got a copy of Dr. Croat's treatment of Anthurium longipeltatum Matuda and it is on my reading list for tomorrow morning.

It strongly appears you have figured out the species of this plant. I am hopeful the Anthurium (which I had thought was not an Anthurium) will produce an inflorescence later in the year and I'll be able to verify your observations more fully. This one caused me to learn some very new premises regarding Anthurium species. First, the collective vein does not have to completely traverse the leaf, and second, the geniculum can be barely noticeable and still be present.

Just for the record, I want to let everyone know how thankful I am to have guys like you and Julius around! Dr. Croat helps me all the time but he's out of the office this week so you guys are very valuable to me, and to this forum in general!

Thanks for your help and I'll be reading Dr. Croat's entire treatment tomorrow in an effort to compare more features on the plant.

Thanks again to everyone who responded!

Steve Lucas

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.