IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Rhaphidophora in Peninsular Malaysia & Singapore
From: Peter Boyce <phymatarum at googlemail.com> on 2009.09.09 at 00:23:31(19974)
(File Type Not Recognized: attachments/090910071144-1.pdf)

Dear All,

The first of my Rhaphidophora papers. It is a bit long inthe tooth these days, but still reasonably useful.

Pete

HTML

+More

From: "Marcus Nadruz" <mnadruz at jbrj.gov.br> on 2009.09.10 at 10:51:58(19989)
Thanks Peter,
will be very useful for me. I am doing an inventory ofAraceae Botanical Garden, I'll certainly need your help in identifyingRhaphidophora.
Best wishes.
Marcus

HTML

+More

From: Conrad Fleming <conradfleming at yahoo.com> on 2009.09.10 at 20:43:08(19991)
Dear Pete,

I just printed out your Rhaphidophora treatment, just as I did the Alocasia. Many, many thanks for sharing.

I await your advices on whether any of these fabulous spp. can be exported from cultivation by you.

Keep up the good work,

Conrad

HTML

+More

From: "Christopher Rogers" <crogers at ecoanalysts.com> on 2009.09.10 at 22:02:45(19992)
Excellent!

Thank you so very much, Peter! Want any of my crustacean publications? I am
sure that they would be so very useful to you . . . especially at curing
insomnia ;-)

Happy days,

Christopher

HTML

+More

From: Peter Boyce <phymatarum at googlemail.com> on 2009.09.11 at 06:06:01(19997)
HiMarcus,

Ifyou wish and have images please feel free send them and I’ll do my best. Thesquare-stemmed Hongkongensis Group are virtually impossible to name withoutprovenance and a good image of the active shoot with the soon-deliquescingpetiolar sheath still intact, but that aside Rhaphs are not too bad to name.

Verybest

Peter

HTML

+More

From: Peter Boyce <phymatarum at googlemail.com> on 2009.09.11 at 06:09:30(19999)
Dear Christopher,

Yes please! Seriously. I’m trying to accumulatecross-kingdom taxonomic/systematic papers both for interest and also to helpwith teaching application of taxonomy, etc.

Many thanks in advance

Peter

HTML

+More

From: "Christopher Rogers" <crogers at ecoanalysts.com> on 2009.09.11 at 17:37:13(20003)
Okay, Peter. Remember, you asked for them! There are many, and I will email
them to you off list in several emails. If anyone else is for some reason
interested in the crustaceans of temporary wetlands (and a couple of papers
on beetles and one on a snail) let me know off line, and I will happily send
them along.

Cheers,

Christopher

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.